January 22, 2011

Always On Our Minds & In Our Hearts

I miss you everyday, Dad.
I hope you know.
It took everything out of me
To sit there next to you and watch you go.

I was always a daddy's girl.
I loved going anywhere with you.
You were my best friend.
And the one I would run to.

I hated not having you there to walk me down the aisle.
You were supposed to give me away.
I hadn't cried about it in a while.
But it seems like you went away just yesterday.

It's been 2 years since you went on to Heaven.
I'll always miss you, whether you've been gone 5 years, 6, or 7.

Tell my stepson and mother in law I say "hi."
One day, I will be up there with y'all, high in the sky.

I love you, Dad.
I hope you know.
We'll see you again soon.
Your always in our hearts, we'll never let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment