January 27, 2011

A job that warms the heart

One of the greatest joys in my life is working with kids. Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs out there. Of course you always have your "problem child(ren)," but you love them all. My first job, I worked with toddlers, my last job I worked with them all, and my current job I work with 4 year olds. This is my first week with them, and I'm already getting attached to them. Today, I had a little girl who was trying to get on the slide, but the slide didn't have a ladder. She couldn't quite get up there like everyone else. I knew she could do it and that all she needed was a little instruction and encouragement. With that, she succeeded!! And every time she would do it right, she would yell for me, and let me know. She was so excited, and was clapping her hands for herself. That warmed my heart. She learned something new. Twenty-eight snotty noses, twenty-eight smiling faces, fifty-six dirty hands. All worth my day. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment