January 12, 2011

A Little Change in the Wind

This looks weird posting in the middle of Project 365, but I am starting to have a difficult time finding subjects for the project. I don't really know why, because I have all the time in the world to just go out and snap something. I thought my life was monotonous before. Phew, it really is now. But..... I kinda like it that way. I like being a stay-at-home wife. I like being here with nothing to do but study, read, and catch up on sleep. And I especially like that I am here for people during the daytime if they need me, and I am here when Tyler gets home from work. I am able to get dinner cooked, laundry and dishes done, and have my evenings to relax and spend with Tyler and JJ. I always stayed stressed out because I didn't feel like I had anytime to get stuff down because I was soooo tired. I feel relaxed, now. Yeah, money will become an issue eventually, but right now, this is the right thing; how God wants it to be. Or it wouldn't be like this. This first two weeks of the new year haven't been ideal, but like I usually would when stuff goes way out of the ordinary, I haven't felt that sinking gut feeling. I have a peace over me. I know things will be ok. They have been so far.

I am currently studying for the ParaPro exam to be a teaching assistant for pre-K. See, when I apply for a job in a childcare facility, that's what I want to do, care for the children. Not be Molly Maid. I know what I did was technically for the welfare of the children, but I felt VERY unappreciated for the work I did. The lives of everyone around me were basically the same; all with minor problems. I didn't feel like I was treated equally because of the crap I deal with. Whether I spoke of it or not, people knew. People were concerned. Even on my good days, someone would ruin it with a question involving something unpleasant. And this time, they screwed me over. Bottom line, and I'm through with this part.. THEY'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND.. and I hope they never do. I can't be called a bad person if my most pleasant reaction is not so pleasant. The best way I can look at it is that I was pushed into fulfilling a dream a lot sooner than intended. Fine by me.

Well, on a happier note, one of our bills we've been paying for a while now, will finally be paid off in May, so that's pretty exciting. And we'll be getting into a house soon. Finally telling apartment life to suck it. We're still debating on whether to move away or stay here. Away would be nice. But for the purpose of psychos and those more interested in our lives than their own, the location we're thinking about remains untold. Some know. Other good things we await; Tunica in 2 weeks, and Olivia should be here in about 3 weeks, hopefully not while we're gone.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment