February 6, 2012

Where would we be?!

There is a special little boy that I first got the pleasure of working with whenever I worked at The Learning Center. He was about 4 or 5 months at the time. All I remember whenever I first saw him was "Wow, he looks so much like Carter." Well, during the time that I was working at TLC, we were going through Carter being in the hospital with SBS. I left the hospital July 30 to come get my paycheck and I asked my boss if I could go see the babies (I worked in the baby room). All I wanted to do was see smiling faces. I hugged them, loved on them, hoped that soon Carter would wake up and we would be able to do the same for him. I remember sitting down and holding Baylor and just crying. I felt like I holding Carter for a second.

Months passed. I started a new job. Baylor was at the daycare that I was starting at. I was excited to have seen him grow so much since the last time I saw him. I got to see this boy, a month and a day younger than Carter, laugh, grow, and run around full of energy.

I was talking to him mom today about how it's crazy he is about to be 2 years old. I wish Carter could be here to celebrate his 2nd birthday with us. It has got me to thinking again, where would we be if he was here. How would things be? What would be know? Questions....Questions....Questions!!!!!!

The list goes on and on of what I wish I knew. Only God and dreams can give me comfort. 

I am blessed everyday to be able to work with such beautiful children than keep me going and make me stronger for the mother that I am going to become. They are my little comedians. My little lessons. My little loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment